Our Story

In September 1939, a small group of Christians met together for the first time in the courthouse in downtown Athens. Clyde Hale, minister at West End Church of Christ in Atlanta, conducted several tent meetings on Prince Avenue and a nucleus of the church became a reality. A dwelling house on the corner of Cobb Street and Milledge Avenue was purchased and converted into a meeting place with a minister's apartment on one side. The congregation grew following WWII as more people came to Athens to attend the University and later the Navy School. In the early fifties, property was acquired at the corner of Prince Avenue and Lyndon Avenue and a basement was built. In the interim, the church worshiped in the downtown Athens Court House. The congregation was now called Prince Avenue Church of Christ. In 1955, the auditorium was completed. The early seventies saw the move into the present Campus View structure

IMG_0745.JPG

Staff and Shepherds